In the town centre, at the foot of the Midi summit, Le Morgane hotel has undergone a full renovation. The transformation questions how traditional mountain tourism is viewed. The spirit is contemporary and authentic, creating natural inorganic mineral surroundings. The whole place breathes Chamonix and the mountains.
Le Morgane’s attracts mountain-lovers both in the summer and winter and a clientele seeking to cultivate a certain art de vivre. As well as the restaurant, recently starred in the Michelin guide, the hotel offers the services of a genuine mountain SPA.
Above all, the hotel strongly supports sustainable development and environmental care. It is one of the first mountain hotels whose impact on the environment will be nil, with no CO2 emissions.
A heart of rough stone in the warmth of wood
Closing date: All year around
To be found nearby
- Downtown: zone piétonne - meter(s)
- Near city: Geneve - 90 km
- Near city: Annecy - 100 km
- Near city: Sallanches - 25 km
- Airport: Genève - 100 km
- Train station: Chamonix - 50 m
- Bus station: Chamonix Sud - 20 meter(s)
- Tennis: Chamonix centre - 1 km
- Golf: Chamonix Les Praz - 1 km
- Ski resort: Le Brévent - 800 meter(s)
- Tourist attraction: L'Aiguille du Midi - 200 meter(s)
- Tourist attraction: la Mer de Glace - 2 km
- Tourist attraction: Musée Alpin - 1 km
- Tourist attraction: Musée des cristaux - 1 km
- Various: La Flégère (ski) - 1 km
- Various: Les Grands Montets ( ski) - 7 km
- Various: Balme (ski) - 14 km
Enjoy the beauty of the Aiguille du Midi and the outstanding needles around.
Take a walk in Chamonix center, go to the Alpine museum and have a cup of coffe admiring the Mont Blanc... without forgetting the unforgetable ski you can get in Chamonix.
The lobby announces and sets the tone for this transformation: a welcome change of scenery, awakening the senses and reassuring visitors with warm and sober materials, creating a rustic world in stone and wood. Granite from the valley and polished oak has been used, as well as slate-grey tiles for the floor. As for the furniture, there is a perfect combination, which enhances the "chic and sport" styled theme. Citterio, Starck, Wegner, Michalon, Urquiola, Eames take on here a particularly unique dimension…
The result is a contemporary, high-range hotel in the mountains.
It is the perfect balance of a style swinging between modernism and mountain authenticity, between sport and wellbeing.
Located in Avenue Aiguille du Midi. By car : Autoroute blanche A40 : Geneva-Chamonix, exit : Chamonix Sud or round about Helbronner.
By train : Direct TGV train to St-Gervais-Le Fayet (15mn from Chamonix by taxi).
Links to Chamonix by train : about 45 minutes, and 15 mn walk to hotel or 5 mn by taxi.
By Plane : International Geneva Airport (90 km from Chamonix), daily links by Bus, or 1hour by car, motorway A40
International Lyon-St Exupéry Airport (220 km from Chamonix), 2 hours by car, motorway A40